ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: noise complaints

From: DSowder at aol.com

Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:25:40 UTC

Message:

  Kathy,
That's Oregon for ya!

There's a difference between gentleman farmers and real farmers. The former
have moved to the country after making their fortune polluting the cities and
scamming their stockholders, and they like their peace and quiet. Unless
they're running their own lawnmowers out on the acreage or driving their jet
skis. Real farmers don't seem to mind the noise....maybe it's all those years
on the combine. I have gentleman farmers north of town, real farmers south.

It also helps to screw the prop back to 2500 RPM, and move around a bit. I
try to get about 15 to 20 minutes of intense practice rather than flying
around an area for an hour. I don't know if they notice or not, but when I'm
done, I pull the prop back to 2200 and give the locals a big barrel roll or
two to let them know I'm finished.

Doug Sowder