ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: noise complaints

From: Jim Klick <klick at aps.anl.gov>

Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:07:54 UTC

Message:

  Kathy,

Here in the Chicago area, the aerobatic community has a very good
relationship with the local FAA. They have a list of "chronic
complainers" (their term), and when they get a call from them,
they just ignore it.

Theyr are also on our side enough that this Spring, there were teams
of cropduster types spraying for gypsy moth control, and one of the
FSDO guys called me to alert me to the fact that they would be
getting a lot of calls about "low flying yellow airplanes", and they
would be sure that it wasn't me.

Jim Klick
S1S N9JT (yellow and black)