ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: noise complaints

From: Gil & Phyl Tellier <giltel at earthlink.net>

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:38:14 UTC

Message:

  Kathy,
Tell them how happy they should be that you are not flying a fixed pitch plane.
My son was watching me fly akro 10 years ago when a local farmer roared up in a
truck and wanted to know who was flying. My son said his Dad in a Super
Decathlon. The farmer said what I was doing was ok since it was fairly quiet ( I
was flying 25 squared), but he better not see that little biplane (a friend's
S-1S) around. Years later right after the 9-11 moratorium I landed at Camarillo
in my S-1S after several 3200 rpm peak sequences and was told to call the local
FSDO. Now I was the one gathering the complaints from the locals. That is how I
got my waiver to fly the Santa Clarita valley in one day by promising not to fly
where I had been, even though it was uncontrolled airspace. Bottom line is try
and spread the noise around by not repeating sequences in one spot.
Gil Tellier, LAAC