ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: noise complaints

From: "Paul B. Stambaugh" <pstambau at yahoo.com>

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:05:18 UTC

Message:

  Find out what hobbie these uptight complainers
participate in and go harass them. These are the same
people that move next to an airport that has been
there for 50 years and wonder why all of the airplanes
keep flying around.

--- Jones <darwin.jones at mchsi.com> wrote:
> I live a a very noise sensitive area. In fact, a few
> people in the area have
> made threats even for aircraft flying over their
> homes at reasonable and
> legal altitudes(non-acro c-152types).   Early on the
> airport tried to answer
> all calls and tell the people that they would do
> something about even when
> the couldn't.  This just got the people calling
> more.  They kept wondering
> why nothing is being done.  The FAA has been called
> and they now know me by
> name and my acro  mount ( I told them) and of course
> very familar with the
> c-152 training and they (FAA) don't bother to call
> us.  They know that our
> c-152 training is legal and that my acro is legal.
> Now days the airport just listens and records the
> calls. the calls are now
> slowing down. in the mean time we try to be good
> neighbors doing all the
> things that we have always done to minimize noise
> and not flying over the
> same spot for long peroids. The Sheriff is
> occasionally called about a low
> flying aircraft. These are takeoff and landing
> aircraft so the sheriff comes
> out to the airport, says he has to do it and leaves.
>  Of course, this is
> nothing more than harassment by the complainers who
> live near the airport.
> These complainers are so unreasonable that talking
> to them does no good. So
> don't burn yourself out trying.
>
> BTW the airport has called the proper authorities
> regarding threats.
>
> Darwin Jones

=====
Paul Stambaugh - IAC Chapter 88
Pitts S1-S  N34RM "Psycho Therapy"
SkyTours Aerobatics - The Ultimate Aerobatic Experience
www.skytoursaerobatics.8m.com
Ann Arbor, MI & Toledo, OH
Phone: Days, Office (810)-986-0389, Evenings (419) 269-0626
Cell:  248-705-8495