ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: noise complaints

From: "Dan Hall" <airboss3 at earthlink.net>

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:26:59 UTC

Message:

  Greetings:
Please forgive the soapbox, this is life in America 101

I have always thought that some high energy type ought to pull all kinds of
disparate  groups together for a town hall type meeting to talk about
disappearing freedoms.

See how many of the following activities you would call a halt to because
you don't participate, and YOUR hobby is different. All of these activities
are under attack by
developers/environmentalists/leftists/rightists/do-gooders and nincompoops.
The strategy is usually divide and conquer. No one outfit, (like us) has
enough political clout to hold off the charge.

1)Any off road motor activity:
     Dirt biking
     Dune Buggies
     Go Karts
     Etc.
2)Pistol and rifle shooting outdoors
3)Pistol and rifle shooting indoors
4)Pistol and rifle ownership
5)Motorcycling without a helmet
6)Jetskis on any body of water at any time
7)Big engine ski boats
8)Dog walking in parks and neighborhoods
9)Any aircraft related activity but primarily landing and taking off.
10)Hunting of any kind
11) Fishing
12)Trapping
13)Running of hounds in the pursuit of Mountain Lions, Bears and pigs.
14)Ownership and use of SUVs
15)Tree removal on your own property
16)Draining of boggy soils on your own property
17)About a hundred other activities not listed here

Protect your fellow citizens right to pursue his happiness, remind him of
yours.

Dan Hall