ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: NOISE COMPLAINTS

From: John Cornwell <jwcornwell at usa.net>

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:21:26 UTC

Message:

  This is the worst piece of advice I have ever seen.  What has been deemed
"light intimidation" borders on criminal harassment.  While it may be
effective at picking up girls with 2 teeth, it will totally undermine any
efforts to generate community acceptance of aerobatic activity.  We are
already a minority of a fraction of a fraction of a percent  This behavior
will immediately brand all aerobatic pilots as neanderthals.  If you have
knowledge of this sort of harassment, my advice would be to report it to the
FAA and perhaps the police to make sure the offending nitwit is disassociated
from the responsible aerobatic pilots.

"rick milner" <rickmilner at repairman.com> wrote:
I am tired of all of this crap about noise.
What we do is not ILLEGAL.
I have put up with complaints in the past and became sick of the jerkoffs who
bought cheap property  near the airport and then bitched about the noise. So,
finally, I did something about it.

I got the name and phone number of the complainer and I used a reverse
directory to find the guy's house. I went to his house and spoke to him in
very clear terms. I recorded the license plate from his explorer in the
driveway and told him I had that, too.

Then, I sat in front of his house and waved to him when he left for work one
morning. I followed him to work and made sure he knew that I saw where he
parked, etc.

THis form of light intimidation as I call it is very effective.  Time for us
to fight fire with fire.  Needless to say, the guy has never complained
again.

I encourage us all to stand up for ourselves.  THis crap has got to stop.

-Rick M
Yak 52
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.
http://oas-central.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/mail.com/columbiahouse/1112745096/x09/ExactAdv/ColumbiaHouse_IO473_7.19_8.19/blank.gif/636632633232383133383736634333430