Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: NOISE COMPLAINTS

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: NOISE COMPLAINTS

Thread: [Acro] Re: NOISE COMPLAINTS

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 23:04:27 UTC

I don't know what the rest of you think about this psycho, but I think he belongs in prison. I personally know a local judge, to whom I showed this letter. He assured me that there are a number of newer "stalking" laws that protect society from this type of terrorist activity. My friend also indicated that if this lunatic came before him for such behavior, he would receive a sentence of from 5 to 10 years in prison. I knew of one fellow that used this type of bullying and intimidation tactic. He would simply go into stores in a small town in Missouri, take what ever he wanted and walk out. He never paid for anything. If the store clerk or owner demanded payment, this master of intimidation would threaten to kill him. This went on for some time. But one day about 15 of the local men surrounded his truck. A shot was heard. When the men walked away, the master of intimidation was dead. Nobody knew anything about it.     

Keep your stick on the ice,

Ron Harris    

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 9:43 PM
To: acro at gf24.de
Subject: [Acro] NOISE COMPLAINTS

A couple of weeks ago, a line of discussion regarding NOISE COMPLAINTS appeared on here. I offered a tip (confronting the complaining party) and received many requests for follow-up information.

A great way to cause the complainer to drop the complaint is, like any other subject, to "do your homework".   

Photos of family members:  In one case, I determined where his family members frequently traveled.  I took photos of the family members. I then followed the complainer when he left the home alone. I approached him in the parking lot of walmart and said, "hey asshole, i have something to show you".  When you show a man pictures of his children, you get his attention.  I told him that he was "no longer able to remember anything about the noise complaints from the airport".  He agreed.  Amazing how one is subject to suggestion when the safety of his family is in question.   
HINT:  This tactic is not for the faint of heart.  A history of intimidation or bullying is necessary to succeed at this level.

Phone calls to house:  Another man complained and, again using a variation of the family theme, I called his house.  After studying his family's movements, I simply spoke the following into the phone when the complainer answered:  "800 AM, you left the house.  9:00 AM your fat wife left the house and went to the market"  10:15 she returned. etc, etc. etc.  In other words, let the complainer know that you know his or his family's schedule.  Again, I bet the complaint will be dropped.   
Hint:  this tactic is better for those who are beginners as there is less of a confrontation involved here.

If any of you have any other good tactics that have worked, let me know.  We keep getting hassled here (San Diego) and want this to stop.

-Rick Milner
Yak 52
--  

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn