ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: S1-S

From: "TOM ADAMS" <flickroll at csi.com>

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:13:08 UTC

Message:

RE: [Acro] Re: S1-SThe Manifold Press generally goes bad after you have overprimed the engine for a while. Fuel gets into the MAP line and eventually works it's self aft to the gauge. Look at where the MAP pick up line is on the T.
 Mine comes and goes. Some time I have MAP, Some times I don't. I have cleaned the screw in the back of the inst. and it works fine for a while, then it gets intermittent. My solution.....Don't prime but 2 strokes( one up and one down) when cold and NEVER prime when hot.
  What I do when waiting for it to fix it's self again? (Remember I said it was intermittent)

I found that my engine had about 13.5 GPH of FF when at level flight in cruise at 24 squared. When I leaned it to 50*
richer than best power on the EGT it burns 10.5 GPH
 SOOOO Once I level out I set 2400 rpm then pull the MAP back till the FF is 13.5 and lean to 50* rich and it usually is close to 10.5 GPH. This works for me but I never cruise much higher than 4000 + or -.
 one of these days I gotta change that MAP gauge.
Best Tom Adams
IAC 1999