ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Christen Eagle on CNN.....

From: "Paul B. Stambaugh" <pstambau at yahoo.com>

Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 19:52:07 UTC

Message:

  Any good fabric person can help you with this one.
Important!!! Even though it was just a light scrape to
where it just scraped the fabric and not the bow-end,
you still should check the rear attach points and
upper cabine. If you think about it, you have about 7
feet of wing or so and that is a LOT of torque on the
attach points, so do the AD inspection earily.

--- Bob Romero <love2loop at earthling.net> wrote:

>  Mr Duckwater,
>
>  I am very new to aerobatics however I have been
> involved in aviation for many many years. I think
> you are trying tell a bit of a fib. You can't be
> serious...a C-117 with radial engines?  Come on now.
>
>  Can anybody give some advice on fixing fabric. I
> had a very minor ground loop and scraped the lower
> left wing. As a temporary fix I put 200 MPH tape
> (aka Duck Tape) on it and need to figure out a more
> permenint solution in the neer future. Any help is
> much appreciated.
>
>  Bob Romero
>  Ch 72
>  IAC 26719
>  Pitts S-1E
>
>  Ed Duckwater wrote:
>
>  I consider myself the John Rocker of aerobatics.
>
>  Ed Duckwater
>
>  C-117 Globemaster (Radial Engine Conversion)

=====
Paul Stambaugh - IAC Chapter 88
Pitts S1-S  N34RM "Psycho Therapy"
SkyTours Aerobatics - The Ultimate Aerobatic Experience
www.skytoursaerobatics.8m.com
Ann Arbor, MI & Toledo, OH
Phone: Days, Office (810)-986-0389, Evenings (419) 269-0626
Cell:  248-705-8495