ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: flying in Russia

From: "Robert P. Lockard" <rob at oraclewizard.com>

Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:55:22 UTC

Message:

Gunther,

Good luck if you find out anything let me know.  I have been
talking to the Russian embassy here in DC and all the data I
have so far for this round world trip is I must pay a Russian
navigator for the privilege to fly there.  So far it looks
like the navigator tab will be about $4,500. Now, I read not
too long ago, a VFR corridor opened between Alaska and
Russia.  If this is true, then the Russian government may
have lightened up.  Lining up avgas is also proving to be a
problem.  I’ll check with the embassy again.  I got an idea,
to hook up with one of the acro pilots there in Russia and
have her/him to act as my navigator.  I wonder if they will
let me do that?

Good luck on your trip. If you get any good information let
me know.

Later, Dive / Fly Safe
-Rob