ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Wing and Rudder

From: John Cornwell <jwcornwell at usa.net>

Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 16:46:12 UTC

Message:

  Debbie -- read the post thoroughly.  He said he was "signed off" to compete
WITH A SAFETY PILOT.  There is nothing wrong with competing with zero hours
with a safety pilot.  It will no doubt be a humbling experience, and that is
not a bad thing at all for a budding acro pilot.

As far as solo competition, some are competent to compete with less than 8
hrs. dual, some need more.  It took you 100 hrs. Pitts time.  Others are
competent in unlimited with that amount of time.  There is no minimum that is
applicable to everyone.

Finally, if the instructor Bill referred to is Rich Stowell (I don't know Rich
Stovall), you might check his credentials before labeling him a bonehead.

"Debbie Anderson" <acrolady at usa.com> wrote:
Bill,

You think it's "cool" to be a hard charger?  In this sport you get one chance.
Just because you got some bonehead instructor to tell YOU to go compete after
8 hours does not make it right. You should not go around telling other people
that it is. This guy Brad is clearly someone that is  just primed and ready to
go out and kill himself or someone else. It is our responsibility to attempt
to put him on the right path. He needs instruction and he needs a mechanic.

Debbie Anderson
IAC 24085