ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Needs Pitts Lesson Tips!

From: mike.torbett at honeywell.com

Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:36:14 UTC

Message:

Hi,

I guess the most usefull tip I received when I was just learning how to land
a Pitts was -

 "If you mess up the landing don't try to fix it - just go around."

This realization helped my confidence  a lot when I was learning as I
realized hey - If I bounced the landing, if everything wasn't just right -
just go around. No problem.No big deal. You don't really HAVE to land this
time. In a few seconds one can try again. I knew I would eventually be able
to get it on the ground OK.

Mike Torbett
Pitts S-2A