ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Need Pitts Tips

From: "Peter Ashwood-Smith" <petera at nortelnetworks.com>

Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 20:51:46 UTC

Message:

Realistically its mild acro + spins for a few hours, then take-offs, then
touch and goes. After that you can get into more advanced spins, hammer
heads and different kinds of landings. Make sure you instructor shows you a
variety of different runway lengths/widths and cross wind components. Its
one thing to land on a nice wide 4000' runway, and quite another to put a
Pitts down on a narrow little grass strip with trees on both sides.

Cheers,

Peter