ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Chapter 58 jump weekend

From: Gmirk at aol.com

Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 00:35:29 UTC

Message:

  Well, I have had 24hrs to decompress from the chapter 58 parachute training session this weekend and all I can say is:
AAWWWWESOMEWWWWESOMEWWWESOME!!!!!!!OOOOHH YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
I should mention that I capped off the safety training with my first static line jump from 4000'.  I liked it so much the first time that I did it again that same afternoon.

I would like to say THANK YOU to Craig Wisman for coordinating the activities, and to the Maytown Sport Parachute Club (MSPC)for providing the excellent training.  I can't even begin to say enough good things about the folks at MSPC.

The training that we received was top notch and ultimately could be a life saver, the ground school alone was worth the price of admission.  I would say that this training is essential, a life saver, and it gives you a new appreciation for that really expensive cushion strapped to your butt.

We spent most of Saturday going through ground school (90+ deg. heat, but at least it was humid), and then the T-storms came rolling in, so we settled in for the evening party.  Everyone regrouped on Sunday morning to take the plunge, and no one chickened out.  A good time was had by all.

And the master card commercial goes like this:
-The price of a good parachute safety coarse: $165
-The t-shirt to prove you were there: $10
-Seeing Craig Wisman's daughter do a stand up landing, on target, while her Dad was still on his butt in the bean field: PRICELESS.

My biggest fear this weekend was that I might acquire another expensive habit, and I did!!  The good thing is that I am safer for the experience and still wearing a cheesy grin.  Thanks again to all who were involved.

Cheers,
Greg Mirkin
Pitts S-1T