ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Questions on the sportsman routine

From: DSowder at aol.com

Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 04:55:49 UTC

Message:

In a message dated 8/5/2002 8:00:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mikeang at Exchange.Microsoft.com writes:

> I know these seem like basic questions and I'll probably get some answers to
> get training before I show up at a competition.  I have received formal
> training in all these maneuvers and extensive spin training.  Where I'm
> actually asking for help is largely in the area of contest format and
> aresti reading.  I don't want to spend a whole weekend getting down to a
> contest just to learn that I've been practicing all wrong!

Mike,
Where are you and what contest might be your first? I ask this because it's
all well and good to go back and forth by e-mail with this, but it would be
even better to find a contest pilot that you can sit down with and draw
sketches, wave your arms, and make airplane noises with. Most contests will
hook you up with a "buddy" for your first contest, which is really helpful
for learning the ropes. Would you happen to be in the PNW? Thinking about
Pendleton in 2 1/2 weeks? Get my e-mail with the Pendleton contest flyers?

Let us all know where you are and maybe someone nearby will step up. As
you've noticed, the Red Book is a rule book, but not such a good "how to"
manual. But with a little help, one contest will make it all make sense.

Doug Sowder
Spokane, WA
Hey...catch my S-2B in the latest SA! Someone took a really nice B&W photo of
it.