ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: CAP 10B Performance and qualities c ...

From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Hans=20VanAmsterdam?= <hans_pitts at yahoo.co.uk>

Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:51:21 UTC

Message:

The Cap 10B is a very nice and civilised airplane,
an open cockpitt S1S is as wild and as uncivilised
as it gets. If you love the wild, you will indeed
get bored. If you are looking for comfort, the
Cap 10 is great.

Here in Europe I met some knowledgable people that
are convinced that the Spar failures are not due
to G-loads but due to damage created by hard
landings. This means that even if the G-meter has
never been over 6 G, you must still carefully check
the spar.

Personally, I am completely on Budd Davisson's side
when he writes: "There are Pitts Specials and there
are other airplanes and the two should not be
confused".

Good luck,
          Hans.

What are the qualities and performances of a Cap