ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Detecting "Jamal"

From: Planedancer at aol.com

Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 05:11:31 UTC

Message:

  In a message dated 8/10/2002 7:38:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
michaelb at techie.com writes:

<< Jesus, you old crochety fuckers, get a sense of humor. You should applaud
such posts and show respect to the humor offered here.....Laugh a little and
it may make you remember when you could get it up.....  >>

Yea, well, unfortunately, we all know how easy it is to be misunderstood via
email, when faces, expressions, and gestures can't help make the intent known.

I have often been misunderstood in this realm, as I'm sure many others here
have as well.  It's hard to know what is meant as humor without such icons as

Try to take it easy in these matters, and if you can't, either take advantage
of DJ's filtered version, or keep that delete finger in good working
condition.  I know not everyone takes a "to each his own" attitude - I have a
hard time with that attitude under certain circumstances, too.

Anyway, we all know we can find ways to "live peacably" among each other.
Most of us are reasonable adults, aren't we?

Ok, mama Mel, aka "the nurse" is off duty <G>

Melanie