ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re:

From: DJ Molny <djmolny at yahoo.com>

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:48:14 UTC

Message:

  Klein et al -

Yeah, sorry about the fact that 'AcroMod' appears in the From: field of every
message from AcroMod subscribers.  I knew at the outset that it would be a
little awkward, but that's the way that Yahoo! Groups works and I have been
unable to think of an elegant workaround.  (Speaking of which, if anyone on
this list is an expert in managing email lists and would be willing to
discuss this problem with me, I'd sure appreciate it.)

Meanwhile, here are two approaches to partially alleviating the problem:

- AcroMod subscribers can post messages to acro at gf24.de, which will ensure
that their return address appears in the From: field.  However, in order to
do this, the AcroMod subscriber must also subscribe to the Exploder, which in
turn means they'll receive duplicate messages, which in turn means that they
need an email rule to automatically delete messages received from the
Exploder.  Not impossible by any means, but it does require a bit of end user
sophistication.

- Regardless of which list you subscribe to, when you hit Reply be sure to
look at the To: field of the email, and make sure you're replying to the
correct person(s).  This is good practice in any case.

Regards,
DJ

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute