ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Bogus Baseball Analogies

From: Larry Lowe <llowe at cyberflyte.com>

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:40:09 UTC

Message:

Frank Gorham wrote:

> Brian:
> Think about it this way:  San Francisco, late October, Bottom of
> the ninth, 7th game of the World Series, 2 outs, Giants behind
> one run, Bobby Bonds hits a game winning home run - apparently.

The problem with that analogy is that Bonds and the Giants would never
make it past the Diamondbacks in the NCLS, even if they were lucky
enough to grab the wild card.  Bonds hits a lot of home runs but the
Giants don't win games.

But I guess it's good for a hypothetical...

Larry (Lives in Arizona) Lowe