ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Bogus Baseball Analogies

From: Frank Gorham <frankgorham at comcast.net>

Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 02:31:54 UTC

Message:

       You're absolutely correct.  Showing my age I guess.  Many years ago I
used to walk over to Candlestick park to watch Marichel (sp?- Juan), Mays,
McCovey, etc when it was a "sunny" afternoon.   I meant to type Barry but
the genes made me do it!  Sorry.  Doesn't change the hypothetical however.
Lets see, would they give McCovey or Mays a zero or a "refly" if the sun
interferred with a catch?  I would think if the batter had "flown the proper
maneuver" he should have been given credit for a hit even if the outfielder
could not see it!

        Cheers,  Frank