ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: New Pitts owner needs S-1S wt & bal ...

From: "David Pilkington" <David.Pilkington at bigpond.com>

Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 08:52:55 UTC

Message:

  As you're going to weigh an airplane you know little about:
when its levelled - take a plumbob and drop a line to the ground at each of
the points you need moment arms for. Mark a chalk line on the hangar floor
then measure all the distances. You'll probably find that they are different
from the book figures.

For more info, see
http://members.eaa.org/home/homebuilders/authors/alexander/Weight%20&%20Bala
nce_%20%20Weighing%20and%20Measuring%20Your%20Safety.html

DJP