ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Help with some radio education

From: "John Harlan" <jmharlan at ev1.net>

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 02:54:25 UTC

Message:

  Bob-
I agree you can't practically put two transmitters on one antenna.  However,
if the original handheld rubber antenna has a BNC on it, you can just mount
a bulkhead BNC connector to the belly skin somewhere and use your original
hand held antenna.  I did this with mine and it works just fine.  Maybe the
range isn't as good as with a "real" antenna, but it works ok.  The antenna
won't work very well for the nav side, however, because it needs to be
horizontal instead of vertical.

John