ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Help with some radio education

From: Allan Krosner <t28driver at nccn.net>

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 05:25:28 UTC

Message:

  Bob,

I ran a handheld in my Zlin 526 for a number of years.  I took it to Oshkosh twice.  I
live in CA.  I did have an external antenna and eventually took power from the
electrical system.  Though, the first time I took it to Oshkosh I did use the built in
batteries.  You will not need a power amplifier.  I was able to communicate a couple of
hundred miles with the bare handheld.  If you get an antenna that is tilted back about
45 degrees it should work for the nav also.

Allan Krosner  W6YAH
S1-S and T28