ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Help with some radio education

From: Jeffrey Lo <jlo at pacbell.net>

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 05:50:58 UTC

Message:

  I have an ICOM A-21 as my backup radio in my Pitts mounted just below the
panel on the right side.  The coax from the antenna on the turtledeck passes
under the right side upper longeron and then down to the primary (Terra)
radio.  Where it passes by the ICOM, there is a break in the cable, with BNC
connectors and a barrel coupling.  If the Terra quits, I can just unplug the
coupling and plug the cable from the antenna into the ICOM.  Granted, I
can't use both radios at once, but it is only intended as a backup.  As for
the hassle of changing cables, well, I have to move the headset cables as
well, so what's one more cable.  I'm not even trying to use any NAV
functions.  It has seemed to work fine the couple of times I tested it out.

Jeff Lo
1988 Pitts Special S1S N230MP