ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Garmin handhelds

From: Frank Gorham <frankgorham at comcast.net>

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:39:32 UTC

Message:

  Jerry;
         Garmin has an outstanding website on which you can obtain
absolutely any info you want on both current and discontinued products
including comparisons which you select.  Go to www.garmin.com
click on Avionics, Handheld and enjoy the show.  Yesterday I downloaded the
196 Operator's Manual, all 120+ pages.  You will like everything except the
price.  Best I have found is $949 for the unit, but it includes altitude,
turn rate, vertical velocity, compass, GS, HSI, etc. not to mention the
moving map and aviation databases!

         Cheers,  Frank