Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Primary at Pendleton?

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Primary at Pendleton?

Thread: [Acro] Primary at Pendleton?

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:00:44 UTC

Doug:
        Somebody else has responded to me privately about an earlier apparently heated, debate on the tropic of flying Primary.  Can I find this in archives?  Frankly I'm trying to grow a number of new competition guys and not flying Primary seems a terrible oversight.  What could be contentious about the subject?

Cheers,  Frank
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  To: frankgorham at comcast.net 
  Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 1:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [Acro] Upcoming Pendleton, OR Aerobatic Contests.

In a message dated 8/19/02 9:16:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, frankgorham at comcast.net writes:

I'm kinda surprised that Primary category is not listed.  Where will the new guys come from, or will it be flown with Sportsman - but just forgot to list it?  Everybody has to start somewhere!

Frank, et. al.,

The Beaverstate Regional (Aug. 21 - 24) is a 5-category, regular ol' IAC contest with Primary. The FunFest is a different concept, with a "bluff". I missed last year's, so I'm not exactly sure how it works and why there's not Primary. Jerry Zabriskie is the organizer, driving force,  and CD behind the FunFest, and I'm sure he has it figured out. By that time we will have had 3 good contests here in the PNW, so hopefully this year's crop of Primary pilots will be able to try Sportsman at the FunFest. At least, that's how I'd look at it.

Doug Sowder 
Attachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn