ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: IAC vs. CIVA RULES

From: "autotech at flash.net" <autotech@flash.net>

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:54:15 UTC

Message:

  Birdie,

This ought to trigger some fun...

For what it's worth, my impression of the CIVA rules is that they are far
more sparse and depend upon frequent interpretation by juries, where we
have attempted to spell out as many interpretations as possible.  A CIVA
jury may interpret them differently than we have, but not always.  While
there are some odd twists in our interpretation, by and large it seems like
a good thing to have more explicit explanations and standardization from
one contest to the next rather than hoping that the jury at one contest
will interpret the rule the same as at another contest.

I would support a move to adopt most and possibly all CIVA rules where they
were specific.  It is a unnecessary to have different rules on such things
as breaks, wing wags, and scoring outs.

Don