ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] FAA waivered box policies?

From: Frank Gorham <frankgorham at comcast.net>

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:15:26 UTC

Message:

Guys/Gals:   Seriously need early your input on this item.

      FAA FSDO rep strongly suggests that we screen pilots and establish approvals/denials for the use of our newly approved  practice box at MAI (Marianna Municipal Airport, FL).

      1.  Can that actually be done (We thought that, once approved, a box is "open to the world" regardless of the responsible name on the waiver?)

      2.  If it can be done, legally, then what criteria would you suggest?

              Cheers,  Frank