ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Rule clarification

From: "Terry Burch" <zlinman.woody at verizon.net>

Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 00:35:56 UTC

From: <klick at aps.anl.gov>
To: <bk at newattaero.com>
Cc: <acro at gf24.de>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 11:04 AM
Subject: [Acro] Rule clarification

> Free.
> I Chief'ed the Unlimited, and noticed on the Judging line
> that neither of them had the double line indicating the
> optional break that is required in 4.21.5 (c).
> In 6.14.1 (i) of the checklist for certifying a Free program
> it also states that this double line is required.

I don't see anything that requires an optional break.  4.21.5 deals with
weather issues.
 That section relates to a Contest jury authorizing a no penalty break do to
weather. It also
mentions the Jury deciding where the break will occur.
6.14.1 just wants the dashed break to be  clearly legible. not required.
Don't know if this is right but this is my interpretation of it. Terry(Zlin
50)