ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] S-1S Engine Overhauls

From: " " <parsons at skyweb.net>

Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:16:18 UTC

Message:

  Thanks to everyone who responded to my question on pressure carburetors.

This time I have more of a nosy survey question for S-1S (fixed-pitch prop) owners, especially those with AEIO-360s.  How long have you gone between major overhauls?  In the time between MOHs, how hard were you pushing your engine (e.g., do you typically run it flat out on downlines, or pull it back below 3100 RPM)?  And (the big que$tion) how much was your last MOH?

I'm trying to figure out whether to consider a given engine time (SMOH) low, mid, or high time, and how much to sock away in the engine fund (please don't say, "how much ya got?").  Thanks in advance!

Tom P.