ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Designing an intermediate free

From: "Dr. Guenther Eichhorn" <gei at head-cfa.harvard.edu>

Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:06:29 UTC

Message:

Bo,

I think that it is better to have the maximum number of
maneuvers.  Try to make them all around average score, except
the first maneuver.  Make that a fairly high K-value and
practice it REALLY well.  It should be a maneuver that shows
your airplane well and that you can fly well.  That will start
you off with a good impression for the judges.  In my Advanced
Free I have a hammerhead with a 3/4 roll up and a 3/4 roll down.

Don't put a plain loop in the Free.  A regular roll is the same
K and scores usually much better.  I would avoid 45 degree
humpties.

I had a couple of pushes in my Intermediate Free (push out from
a hammerhead and push into another hammerhead).  That helped
me a lot when I moved up to Advanced because I was already used
to some negative g.  You may want to do that after a few
contests.

Guenther