ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Designing an intermediate free

From: John Cornwell <jwcornwell at usa.net>

Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:52:33 UTC

Message:

  I agree with all said so far, especially leaving out full loops and minimizing
45 degree lines with rolls.  Too many opportunities for a downgrade --
shallow/steep/before/after, etc.  Also, the Pitts scores best when it's flown
fast, and it is easier to keep the speed up with verticals than with 45s.

Bokagan at aol.com wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to fly intermediate for the first time at Sebring this fall and

am wondering about what things to think about when designing a free?  Is it
better to have fewer maneuvers with a higher K, or more with a lower K? Are
there certain maneuvers that are good to start with or certain ones to avoid?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Bo Kagan
Pitts S2B