ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Designing an intermediate free

From: "Andrew Boyd" <aboyd at igs.net>

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 01:11:02 UTC

Message:

RE: [Acro] Designing an intermediate freePeter Ashwood-Smith wrote:

> if you simply try to make the free easy on yourself you will
> get royally screwed on the unknown because you will surely
> encounter things you have not practiced much

True, if you only practice the known and your free, which is
a trap which is easy to fall into.

I think everyone agrees that to win, you need to dumb down
your free as much as possible: max maneuvers, min K per
maneuver.  The winning free will be like shooting ducks in a
barrel.  Not the place for anything challenging or interesting.

My favorite was always the unknown  :-)  Doesn't someone
run a contest with 3 unknowns?  It wouldn't meet the official
IAC definition of a contest, but it sure would be interesting flying!

--
aboyd at igs.net   ATP