ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: IAC Nationals

From: "Scott Poehlmann" <scott-p at texas.net>

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 11:39:58 UTC

Message:

  Hi Melanie,

Grayson County Airport used to be Perrin AFB. They are the same place. There
is actually a cool little collection of stuff chronicling the development of
"Perrin Field" during WWII and then the use of Perrin AFB to train
interceptor pilots during the early to mid 60's in the terminal building. If
memory serves, the base shut down in 1972 and was turned over to the county
at that time.

Hope this helps.

Scott