ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: IAC Nationals

From: Planedancer at aol.com

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:27:21 UTC

Message:

  In a message dated 9/3/2002 6:36:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
scott-p at texas.net writes:

<< Grayson County Airport used to be Perrin AFB. They are the same place.
There
 is actually a cool little collection of stuff chronicling the development of
 "Perrin Field" during WWII and then the use of Perrin AFB to train
 interceptor pilots during the early to mid 60's in the terminal building. If
 memory serves, the base shut down in 1972 and was turned over to the county
 at that time.  >>

Thanks, that helps me, but what about others like me who don't know this
airport as Perrin?  Wouldn't it be better to advertise it for what it is
today - Grayson County airport?  Just an (advertising) observation.

Melanie
Rhome (Ft. Worth) TX