ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: IAC Nationals

From: "Gary Henry" <midcoast at icsi.net>

Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:10:51 UTC

Message:

  There was a picture of the man that Perrin was named after in Don Ortt's
office and I'm sorry I can't remember his full name. He was related to Don
and died in the crash of a Martin B-26 during the war.

Gary Henry

PS I bought my Pitts from Greer Parramore, who flew F-86D's out of Perrin.
Chuck Yeager was stationed there after the war for a brief period of time.