ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: CHEAP, handheld Garmin GPS question

From: Frank Gorham <frankgorham at comcast.net>

Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:33:25 UTC

Message:

RE: [Acro] Re: CHEAP, handheld Garmin GPS questionPeter:
         Yes, I tried that before settling on the e-Map 2 years ago.  I liked its several course, heading, CDI features but changing batteries on the fly would disrupt the data chain requiring a manual reset of everything.  Not so with the e-Map.  BUT, the Magellan is actually water resistant - don't get the e-Map wet if you expect to use it any time soon!          Cheers,  Frank