ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Pitts S2B Questions

From: Dan Holden <dholden at lanl.gov>

Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 17:07:53 UTC

Message:

Unless you are trying to make the engine compartment fancy looking, chrome
is not the optimal.  Flat black radiates away heat better.

At 12:07 PM 9/9/2002 -0400, bubbaron wrote:

>I would like to purchase some chrome valve covers for a Lyc. 540, any
>suggestions.  I have to replace the plastic sight gauge tube in the
>cockpit.  What is the diameter and length and are there any specific
>installation instructions.  Thanks.
>

>We had a great contest at Monticello, NY. (Kathy Jaffe Challenge) last
>weekend.  I hope you can check it out next year.
>

>Ron Chadwick

Dan Holden
MS D466
Nonproliferation and International Security Division
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545
(505) 667-3406 voice
(505) 665-7395 fax
(505) 699-0832 cellAttachement 1: part2.html