ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Gap Seals.......again.....again

From: "Paul B. Stambaugh" <pstambau at yahoo.com>

Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:44:42 UTC

Message:

  I went through and taped the ailerons, rudder, and the
elevator. Had to take the tape off of the elevator
because of excessive forward force needed on inverted.
The roller were night and day different (faster) and
could not really tell too much difference on the
rudder.

--- John <jprince at iglou.com> wrote:
> I was at the local stationary store and that clear
> box tape jumped off the counter and out to the
> airport I went.  I taped everything in sight.  My
> wife said I missed a spot on my face but I ignored
> that.  The ailerons gaps(only top), elevator gaps,
> rudder gaps.  Then flew it....  It did act a little
> better but I guess I was expecting a lot more.  The
> rudder seemed to have the most effect.  I liked
> that. The elevator seemed to need  trim a LOT more,
> ailerons, not much.  I'll take it all off and fly it
> again(Darwin approach) and then put it all back on,
> fly again, and see how it feels.   Any better
> ideas???
>
> John Prince  Pitts S1S N3DR

=====
Paul Stambaugh - IAC Chapter 88
Pitts S1-S  N34RM "Psycho Therapy"
SkyTours Aerobatics - The Ultimate Aerobatic Experience
www.skytoursaerobatics.8m.com
Ann Arbor, MI & Toledo, OH
Phone: Days, Office (810)-986-0389, Evenings (419) 269-0626
Cell:  248-705-8495