ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: S2B bugs (cont'd)

From: jeffery at texas.net

Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:55:44 UTC

Message:

  A Pitts that floats too much??!!  I want whatever mod you have on your airplane
on my S2-B!  Your approach and final speeds sound a bit low to me, which should
further REDUCE float.  Go figure.  Maybe the air is thicker in your area.  I've
always heard and been taught to use 100mph for approach and around 95 "over the
fence".  Too much float has never been a problem in my B or the other S2-B's
and S2-C I've flown.  Maybe it's an illusion due tho the lack of forward
visibility?

Jeffery Poehlmann