ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] S1S aux fuel tank capacity?

From: "Fly" <fly at vigoris.net>

Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:47:36 UTC

Message:

  Hi Folks,

I just weighed a plans-built Pitts S1S that was built in 1979.   It has the
aux fuel tank in the upper wing center section but it is being used as a
smoke oil tank.     There is no documentation in the records for this tank.
The temporary owners don't know.... plus despite my request, they filled the
tank instead of draining it.

It appears to have stock wings.
Any guesses on the capacity of this tank?
Also, what does smoke oil weigh?

In the papers, I saw a 1979 sales brochure for an "Ultimate poly tank" that
had a 4 gal capacity.
It show a center drain.  This S1S had the lines coming down the left forward
center strrt.

Thanks for any help,

Kent Felkins
Tulsa