ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: S1S aux fuel tank capacity?

From: "Fly" <fly at vigoris.net>

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 01:13:17 UTC

Message:

RE: [Acro] S1S aux fuel tank capacity?It is nitpicky for an aux 5 or main 19 gals, but something else like a twin or jet with 200-400 gals. it makes a difference!
 When weighing something like that,  I measure by hydrometer.  Hot summer months, its lighter than average so if you want the lightest legal weight,  use the average book figures.

Cold weather, always use the the actual weight.
For jet fuel, something like a 1/2 pound difference per gallon summer to winter.

Also..........Peter, thanks for your reply.  I missed your message at first so couldn't answer directly..

Kent Felkins
Tulsa