ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Runway distance guidelines

From: Frank Gorham <frankgorham at comcast.net>

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:03:45 UTC

Message:

  Julia:
        We leased a hangar for awhile at Sandy Creek Airpark (75FL) - about
15 mi SE of Panama City (PFN).  It was VERY convenient to the runway, as
were its neighbors.  The Homeowners Association  went thru some
hand-wringing over the proper setback and slope to roof obstructions, etc.
If still interested I'll measure for you the next time out there but easiest
would be for you to go to Microsoft's Terraserver site and measure from the
aerial photos.  Nice wide (3850 x 150) sod runway, lights marking the
boundaries, hangars all in a row, easy to spec if you wish.  If you do the
aerial photos, just know that some of the hangars have concrete pads between
the door and the runway, so discount them in your measurements.

              Cheers,  Frank

      BTW, congrats on the excellent showing in Slovenia.