ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Music jack in Pitts S2B

From: "Seppanen, Kari J" <kari.j.seppanen at boeing.com>

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:45:47 UTC

Message:

  Look behind the panel to see what your intercom is set up for.

A mono female jack has two wires, a stereo has three wires. A male stereo
jack into a female mono will usually work, but will of course be only one of
the two channels. A male mono jack into a female stereo will usually produce
the same inputs to left and right headphones.

KJS