ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Aerobat acro (new subject name)

From: jeffery at texas.net

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:44:33 UTC

Message:

  The placards in the two Aerobats I've flown and their respective POH did not
list a hammerhead as an approved maneuver.  It has always been my understanding
that this maneuver was not approved or it would be listed.  There was a post to
the Exploder a couple of years ago from a chap in England stating that
hammerheads were approved in that country.  What I had heard was that they were
not allowed due to the possibility of a tail slide.  After seeing the
construction of the tail section and control surfaces of this airplane, I can
understand the concern.  The possibility of an inverted spin entry from a
hammer would also be of concern in this airplane.  Anyone out there have a more
educated perspective on this than mine?  I'll bet that the guru of Aerobat
acro, Bill Kershner, would know.

Jeffery Poehlmann