ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Aerobat acro (new subject name)

From: "David Pilkington" <David.Pilkington at bigpond.com>

Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:05:35 UTC

Message:

  I should have mentioned that, along with the list of maneuvers below, there
is a clear description of each. eg the vertical reversement is "a half snap
roll from a steep turn in one direction to a steep turn in the other
direction." There's a half page of text and a nice diagram explaining how it
is performed in the Aerobat.

There's been some interesting private and public discussion on this. The
conclusion we came to is that maneuvers not specifically prohibited may be
performed as long as the aircraft is flown within stated limits - load
factors, airspeeds etc.  The hammerhead turn was apparently not listed as an
"approved" maneuver due to the risk of an inadvertent tailslide.

Regards,
Dave Pilkington