ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Fw: Re: Aerobat acro (new subject name)

From: "Chris Burns" <cjburns1 at optushome.com.au>

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 01:58:52 UTC

Message:

  Good one Dave
                    I have found an old video of Aubry Coote who taught both
Dave Pilkington and myself aerobatics.  He used to do these things all the
time.
If you click onto this site you can see the clip.  It may take a little
while to load down.
http://members.optushome.com.au/cjburns1/SnapRev.htm
Virginia you should have no trouble in your S1D.  I have done them in an
S1C, S1S, S2A, S2B S1E,  S2E. as well as Zlins, Decthlons, Airtourers,
Aerobats and Sukhoi 29s.  I have even done one in a Stearman 210hp and thats
a lump.  I used to do a variation in S1S starting a bit earlier on a 45o
upline and do 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 snaps to inverted and pull through.  Just keep
snaping up till the speed runs out and recover.
We live in Melbourne Australia so you will have to dig through the center of
the earth for a hands on demo.

Chris Burns