ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Fw: Vertical Reversements or Cartwheels

From: RIHNAIRCO at aol.com

Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:26:01 UTC

Message:

I have enjoyed the discussion regarding vertical reversements, stall turns,
wingovers etc.  In an effort to keep it going I suggest we describe the
following:  Barrel Roll, Crossover Spin, Lazy Eight,  Dutch Roll,  Chandelle.
 (no fair using the FAA  PTS description for Lazy Eight and Chandelle as that
is only one country's opinion.)

One of the great services performed by IAC (beginning with Don Taylor) and
subsequently CIVA is the agreement on international standards for the
perfectly flown maneuver.  The maneuvers I have listed above (cross-over spin
was, but is going away) are not described by CIVA/IAC and therefore subject
to numerous interpretations.

Dick Rihn