ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Fw: Vertical Reversements or Cartwheels

From: John Cornwell <jwcornwell at usa.net>

Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 02:30:57 UTC

Message:

OK Dick, I'll bite --

The Barrell Roll -- One of those rare (and delighful) aerobatic maneuvers that
comprises 360 degrees of rotation about both pitch and roll axes, and requires
perfectly coordinated flight throughout its execution.

RIHNAIRCO at aol.com wrote:
>	MIME Type: multipart/alternative
I have enjoyed the discussion regarding vertical reversements, stall turns,
wingovers etc.  In an effort to keep it going I suggest we describe the
following:  Barrel Roll, Crossover Spin, Lazy Eight,  Dutch Roll,  Chandelle.

 (no fair using the FAA  PTS description for Lazy Eight and Chandelle as that

is only one country's opinion.)

One of the great services performed by IAC (beginning with Don Taylor) and
subsequently CIVA is the agreement on international standards for the
perfectly flown maneuver.  The maneuvers I have listed above (cross-over spin

was, but is going away) are not described by CIVA/IAC and therefore subject
to numerous interpretations.

Dick Rihn