ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Aerobat Revisited

From: Frank Gorham <frankgorham at comcast.net>

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:39:29 UTC

Message:

John and all:

         Nice questions and let me add another which will be coming up next year:

         If/when the new Sport Pilot license and aircraft rules are finally official there will no requirement for an FAA medical certificate in order to legally fly a clipped wing cub, etc, of suitable horsepower.  Current IAC rules require an FAA medical for contest flights.  Will the IAC then allow Sport Pilots to fly in contests without a medical certificate?  This will certainly become an issue for some of us in/approaching the old buzzard category.

              Cheers,  Frank